Collection of tutorials, best practices and opinions on how to meet your functional requirements at the lowest possible price point.
AWS Cost Optimization Resources
I'm new to the cloud. What should I be aware of?
- AWS operates primarily on a pay-as-you-go model, billing you for what you utilize. Different services accrue costs based on factors like computing power, storage, or data transfers.
- Additionally, AWS offers a Free Tier, which allows limited usage of many services without any charge, but it's essential to understand the limits to avoid unexpected bills.
How can I explore AWS without a credit card?
- AWS Educate is open to any individual, regardless of where they are in their education, technical experience, or career journey. AWS Educate provides simple, barrier-free access to secure, authentic, self-graded labs in the AWS Console with just an email address and NO credit card.
- AWS Skill Builder Advance your professional goals with access to 600+ free courses, gain experience in an AWS Management Console sandbox, explore game-based learning with AWS Cloud Quest, take AWS Certification Official Practice Exams, and more. AWS Cloud Quest is the only 3D role-playing game to help you build practical AWS Cloud skills. Choose your role, then learn and apply cloud skills to help the citizens of your virtual city.
I want to optimize my production application. How should I proceed?
- Cost optimization isn't just a finance team's task – engineers wield substantial influence over AWS expenditure. Explore how in our blog, Why Engineers Hold the Keys to Smart Cloud Spending.
- Delve deeper with the AWS Well-Architected Framework's Cost Pillar, ensuring you're acquainted with optimization nuances across service categories, from compute and storage to networking and databases.