AWS open source newsletter, #185
A weekly round up of the latest open source news, projects, and events that every open source developer should know about.
- The Journey to IPv6 on Amazon EKS: Foundation (Part 1) is a series of three posts that looks to provide everything you need to know to make informed decisions around moving to IpV6 for your Kubernetes clusters
- Real-time data distribution with Amazon MSK and AWS AppSync demonstrate how to leverage AWS services for ingesting and serving streaming data to client applications with minimal operational complexity [hands on]
- Real-time serverless data ingestion from your Kafka clusters into Amazon Timestream using Kafka Connect is a hands on guide on how to stream events from your Amazon MSK clusters to Amazon Timestream using the Timestream sink connector that helps you further analyse your time-series data [hands on]
- Enforce fine-grained access control on Open Table Formats via Amazon EMR integrated with AWS Lake Formation shows you how to implement fine-grained access controls on Apache Hudi tables using Amazon EMR integrated with Lake Formation [hands on]
- Scientific Data Management on AWS with Open Source Quilt Data Packages looks at what Quilt Data Packages are (they were new to me!), and explores the concept of data packages for managing scientific data, both for wet-lab and computational data
Any opinions in this post are those of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of AWS.