AWS open source newsletter, #187
A weekly round up of the latest open source news, projects, and events that every open source developer should know about.
- Use the tds_fdw extension to migrate data from SQL Server to PostgreSQL provides a hands on guide on how to use the tds_fdw extension to migrate data from SQL Server to PostgreSQL, as well as how to address known issues related to the DATE data type in SQL Server [hands on]
- A new and improved AWS CDK construct for Amazon DynamoDB tables looks at the reasoning behind the creation of a new L2 construct for DynamoDB tables, as well as some of the features and how to implement them [hands on]
- Announcing Generative AI CDK Constructs explores the Generative AI CDK Constructs, an open-source extension of the AWS Cloud Development Kit (AWS CDK), that provides well-architected multi-service patterns to quickly and efficiently create repeatable infrastructure that includes five CDK constructs enabling key generative AI capabilities like question and answering, summarisation, data ingestion for Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG), and model deployment capabilities [hands on]
- Upgrade to Amazon Aurora MySQL version 3 (with MySQL 8.0 compatibility) discusses a framework to prepare you for your MySQL upgrade, diving into the upgrade process [hands on]
- Build preview environments for Amazon ECS applications with AWS Copilot walks you through a step by step guide on how to build preview environments using AWS Copilot in GitLab [hands on]
- Invoking on-premises resources interactively using AWS Step Functions and MQTT demonstrates how to use the MQTT protocol (AWS IoT Core) with AWS Step Functions to dispatch jobs to on-premises workers to access or retrieve data stored on-premises [hands on]
Any opinions in this post are those of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of AWS.